Mine is the story of an unlikely leader
I struggled with speech impediments my entire childhood (and even some today), and yet I ended up in a profession where every week I stand up and talk in front of hundreds of people.
I have two degrees that could not be more different. My undergraduate degree is in Physics and Computer Science, while my Masters is in the area of theology and ministry. Before my path changed, I completed research in the field of chaotic fluid systems (you can read the paper here) and developed a database management system that is now patented.
Everything about me – low risk tolerance, Myers Briggs ISTJ – would say that starting a business would be something I’d never do and would never be good at. But, I accidentally became an entrepreneur and have worked some some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry including Dancing with the Stars, NBC, Sony Pictures, and the BBC.
- Rev. Brian Wallace
- Ordained Teaching Elder in the Presbyterian Church (USA) since January of 2007.
- B.S. in Physics/Computer Software from Grove City College (2003) with Honors
- Masters of Divinity from Pittsburgh Theological Seminary (2006) with awards in Pastoral Care and Church History.
- Associate Minister to Pittsburgh Presbytery (July 2016 – Present)
- Co-founder of Pittsburghlenses.com LLC (2013 – 2019)
- Youth Ministry Coach through The Youth Cartel (August 2016 – Present)
- NextGen Ministry Network Developer, Synod of the Trinity (July 2016 – Present)
- Associate Pastor for Youth and Outreach at Hampton Presbyterian Church from July 2006 – July 2016
- Completed 1 Unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (University of Rochester / Strong Memorial Hospital) – 2004
- Certified Executive Coach through the Center for Advanced Coaching
- Youth Ministry Coaching Program Graduate through The Youth Cartel
- Youth Ministry Coaching Program Level 2 Participant through The Youth Cartel
- For my full professional information you can download my Personal Information Form
Just the facts….
- I’m an only child – and my parents have always been a huge part of my life and an incredible blessing
- I grew up in Western New York (Spencerport, west of Rochester) and those roots are still alive and well in my sports team affinity: Buffalo Sabres, Buffalo Bills, and the Syracuse Orange.
- I came to Western Pennsylvania in 1999 and planned on staying for four years. Four turned into seven, which turned into seventeen and still counting.
- My wife and I knew one another for years during college but never dated. When we decided to get married, we ended up getting married twice.
- I’ve always loved technology (and been good at it too). I got my start on an Mac IICX in my Uncle’s office and never turned back.
- I was called into ministry in the truest sense of the word – I never once considered it and never asked for it. But, that’s how “sneaky Jesus” works sometimes isn’t it? Read more about my call story
- I accidentally started a business – and that’s the truth. Read more about the Pittsburghlenses.com story (Basically, I started a business with a stranger I met off of Craigslist).
- I have a core set of values that shape who I am and how I live my life, and you can read about those here
- I have two biological children and hundreds more who I’ve worked with in ministry settings that I refer to as “my true children in the faith”.