My goal when I speak is simple: to engage the heart and the mind with theologically challenging teaching that is personally engaging. I believe that preaching and teaching is fundamentally about encouraging and equipping people to live lives of faithfulness.
I am available to preach or speak and am comfortable leading a small group of 5 or 10 or preaching to 100+. I’ve spoken to rooms full of middle school and high school students, small congregations, large congregations, etc.
In addition to preaching at regular weekend services, I’m also available to teach classes (45min – 1 hour), seminars (1.5-2.5 hours), and multi-week series on a variety of topics.
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, I’m available to do online speaking/preaching. You can visit my Virtual Speaking Information page for more info.
- For samples of my preaching and teaching please see my Media page.
- You can also check out my preaching and speaking schedule for availability.
- Adolescence 101: A Primer for Parents and Volunteers – This is best taught in a seminar format and explores the basics of adolescence with a specific focus on faith development.
- Firm Foundations: Parenting through the Teenage Years – Based on wisdom gleaned from a decade of working with parents in the Youth Ministry world, this seminar introduces core principles of parenting teens that gives them the best chance to become healthy, independent, followers of Jesus.
- Tweets, Texts, and Selfies: An Introduction to Social Media for Parents and Volunteers – Social media is an ever present part of our reality. This seminar introduces some of the most popular social media platforms as well as the advantages and pitfalls of each.
- Boundaries: Protecting Yourself and Your Ministry from Misconduct – This seminar is a practical guide for church staff and volunteers regarding appropriate boundaries for working with middle and high school students. Can also be adapted to include younger children as well.
The Birds and the Bees (Co-taught with Renee Wallace) – We developed this class in order to help parents talk to their kids about sexuality and the myriad of issues that come with it. This can be taught as either a seminar or a multi week series.
- Escha-what??? – This is a six part introduction to eschatology from a Reformed perspective while engaging with cultural texts such as the Left Behind series. Best taught as a multi-week series.
- Playing for Keeps (Co-taught with Renee Wallace) – This class is based on the book by the same title by Reggie Joiner and explores how parents can best impact the lives of their kids and shape them for a life of faith. Best taught as a multi-week series.
- The Gospel According to Les Mis – This class engages Victor Hugo’s classic story through the 2012 feature film. It explores the many themes that are found including sin, forgiveness, redemption, grace, and eschatology. Best taught as a multi-week series.
- Ages and Stages of Faith Development (Co-taught with Renee Wallace) – This seminar explores the different developmental and social needs of various age groups. Best taught as a seminar with a team of volunteers who work across the age spectrum.
If you’re interested in having me speak at your church or event please use the form below to contact me.